Peer Reviewed Publications
1. Khan AA, Khan, A, Qureshi H. Why don’t we conduct more research?JPMA, January 2014 64 (1) 31.
2. Khan AA, Khan A, Javed W, Hamza HB, Orakzai M, Ansari A and Abbas, K. Family Planning in Pakistan: Applying What We Have Learned. JPMA April 63 (4, Suppl 3) S3-10
3. Khan AA, Abbas K, Hamza HB, Bilal A and Khan A. From Contraceptive Prevalence to Family Planning Service Users: Implications for Policy and Programmes. JPMA April 2013. 63 (4, Suppl 3) S11-15
4. Khan AA, Khan A, Abbas K, Tirmizi SFA and Islam ZU. The Context and Limitations of Female Sterilization Services in Pakistan.JPMAApril 2013. 63 (4, Suppl 3) S21-26
5. Ahmed S, Khan AA and Khan A. Policy and Programme Implications of Unmet Need for Family Planning in Pakistan. JPMA April 2013. 63 (4, Suppl 3) S16-20
6. Abbas K, Khan AA and Khan A. Costs and Utilization of Public Sector Family Planning Services in Pakistan. JPMAApril 2013. 63 (4, Suppl 3) S33-39
7. Azmat SK, Ahmed, Hameed, Bilgrami M, Khan A and Khan AA. Performance and Measurement of a Community-Based Distribution Model of Family Planning Services in Pakistan. JPMAApril 2013. 63 (4, Suppl 3) S40-45
8. Khan AA, Jooma R, Qureshi H, Salim M and Khan A. Comparison of the National Need and Supply of Syringes for Therapeutic Injections in Pakistan. JPMA 2012. 62: 1149-53
9. Khan AA, Khan, A. Care Provision for Sexually Transmitted Infections in PakistanJPMA, Sept 2012
10. Jooma R, Khan A and Khan AAStrategies to Protect Pakistan’s Health During the Global Economic Crisis. The Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal 18(3) 287-93
11. Ahmed S, Khan AA and Khan A. Prioritized Targeting or Mile Wide, Inch Thin: Time to Strategize Public Sector Health Investments. Dec 2011, Pak J Pub Health 1(1) 59-60.
12. Khan AA and Khan A. Performance and Coverage of IDU Interventions in Pakistan. The International Journal of Drug Policy 22 (2011) 219–225
13. Brewer DD and Khan AA. HCV and HIV Prevalences strongly correlated in Asian communities with reservoirs of HIV in high-risk groups.The Journal of Infections in Developing Countries 2010 4(7)442-7.
14. Ahmad S, Khan AA et al. Female Spouses of IDUs in Pakistan: At Risk or a Bridge Population of the HIV Epidemic. The Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal 2011: 17 (4) 271 – 276
15. Khan AA and Khan A. The HIV Epidemic in Pakistan. JPMA. 2010 Apr;60(4):300-7
16. Jooma R and Khan AA. Contraception, synergies and options. (Editorial). JPMA 2009: Suppl 2: 38-9.
17. Khan AA, Awan AB, Qureshi SH, Razzaque A, Zafar ST. Large Sharing Networks and Unusual Injection Practices May Explain The Rapid Rise in HIV Prevalence Among IDUs.HarmReduct Journal 6:13. 2009
18. Khan AA, Rehan N, Qayyum K and Khan A. STI Symptoms and Care seeking in Pakistan.The Journal of the Pakistan Medical Association. September 2009.
19. Khan AA, Rehan N, Qayyum K and Khan A. Correlates and Prevalence of HIV and STIs AmongHijras (Male-Transgenders) in Pakistan. Int J STD AIDS. 2008;19:817-820.
20. Khan AA.Using Mathematical Modeling for the Control of HIV in Pakistan (Editorial), the Infectious Diseases Journal of Pakistan 2008 18 (4).
21. Khan, A.A., Khan, A. HIV/Tuberculosis co-infection: Are new approaches needed. The Journal of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Pakistan. 2008; 18 (5) 324.
22. Blanchard JF, Khan A, Bokhari A. Variations in Population Size, Distribution and Client Volumes among Female Sex Workers in 7 cities in Pakistan. Sexually Transmitted Infections2008;84;II
23. Khan AA.Latent Tuberculosis in Pakistan (Editorial). The Infectious Diseases Journal of Pakistan. 2007; 17 (1)
24. Khan AA, Khan A. Time to Abandon Ofloxacin?JPMA. 2007: 57 (1): 52-3.
25. Khan AA. HIV Care in Pakistan at year one (Guest Editorial). The Infectious Diseases Journal of Pakistan July – September 2006; 15 (3): 58.
26. Khan AA. HIV Testing In Low Prevalence Populations.JPMA. 2005: 55 (9): 406.
27. Khan AA. HAART is here: What next? (Guest Editorial). The Infectious Diseases Journal of Pakistan April – June 2005; 14 (2): 36.
28. Khan AA. HIV/AIDS: The State of the Nation. (Perspectives). The Infectious Diseases Journal of PakistanApril – June 2005; 14 (2): 64-5
29. Khan A, Fortenberry JD, Juliar BE, Wanzhu T, Orr DP, Batteiger BE. The Prevalence of Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and Trichomonas in Sexual Partnerships: Implications for Partner Notification and Treatment. Sexually Transmitted Diseases 2005. 32:260-264.
30. Khan A, Fortenberry JD, Temkit MH, Wanzhu T, Orr DP, Batteiger BE. Gender Differences in Sexual Behaviors in Response to Genitourinary Symptoms. Sexually Transmitted Infections 2005;81:262-266.
31. Khan AA, Khan A, Harezlak J, Tu W, Kroenke K. Physical Symptoms in Primary Care: Etiology and Outcome.Psychosomatics 2003; 44: 471-478.
32. Khan AA, Kroenke K. Diagnosis and Treatment of the Dizzypatient.Prim Care Case Res 1999; 2 (1): 3-11.
33. Moore RH, Khan A, Dickey BF. Long Acting Inhaled β2 Agonists in Asthma Therapy. Chest 113(4) 1095-108, 1998